Innovative approach to reshape manufacturing operations to just-in-time production for practical implementation of lean systems
Continuous flow chemistry, and its application in micro-reactor systems, is available at our Cerbios site to enable and unlock the advantages of this technology for R&D purposes as well as for cGMP production of Highly Potent Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (HPAIs).
Process intensification techniques, combined with micro-reactors, boost several cutting- edge advantages to overcome specific batch system blind spots, such as:
- Better product quality
- Minimal or even negligible scale up effects
- Just-in-time manufacturing becomes feasible with ultra-short residence times.
- Distributed (rather than centralized) manufacturing may become economical.
- Lower waste levels are conducive to "Green" manufacturing.
- Limited inventories lead to improved intrinsic safety.
- Better control of process irreversibility can lead to lower energy use.
Micro-reactors are continuously operated machines that also allow strict control of reactions that:
- Are very fast.
- Are exothermic.
- Use hazardous materials.
Cerbios has already experienced first product commercial scale manufacturing by applying this innovative technology as well gaining its approval by Regulatory Authorities.